Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

You Don't Look Like Anyone I Know


Wow did I pick a looser book for my month to host book club! This book was advertised in the Grand Rapids press shortly before coming to Bogota. The author, Heather Sellers lives in Holland, Mich. She has a condition known as prosopagnosia, or face blindness.
Face blindness??? This condition totally intrigued me. How could you not recognize a face? Well sadly the book only minorly focused on the face blindness. It more majorly focused on the dysfunctional family Heather grew-up in.
Disfunction is not something I typically pick to read about in my spare time. I seem to find enough disfunction around me and run away from it when I can. Fortunately several ladies in my group really enjoyed the book. They don't mind reading about people with disfunction and said that this book actually topped the list of disfunction in books they had read. Whew!
Another thing that saved my butt was a special on face blindness done by 60 Minutes the week before our club. http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50121783n&tag=mncol;lst;5 In this special I learned a lot about face blindness and found it much more resourceful than the book.
So, not a book I would recommend spending any money on.
P.S. - I have a copy if anyone wants it!

No comments:

Post a Comment