Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Peace at Last


Finally after everything falling in around us, we moved.  It was an exhausting weekend of walking stuff from one apartment to the next but we knew we just needed to get it done and settled into the new place.  I couldn't have done it without the help of some friends who showed up with a laundry basket in hand.  I will be eternally grateful to them because sometimes you just can't do it alone.  
Saturday morning when we were trying to finish up, but felt there was no end in site, our new neighbor came out and pitched in.  That last bit of  encouragement, having someone walking beside us carrying part of our load spoke volumes.  Within an hour we were completely moved.  
Over the next two days I settled in and "nested".  I was so tired of living in chaos that I put every little thing away.  Every picture got hung on a wall.  We have all noticed an atmosphere of peace that never existed  in the last apartment.
I am so thankful for the new apartment, for the feeling of peace in our home.  I am even more thankful for the friends who showed me love and grace.
I want to encourage you, if you see someone out there who you think is struggling a bit, reach out a helping hand.  A little bit of love will speak volumes to their soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment