Pages

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

December 3

Jeremiah 33:14-16
” 'The days are coming,' declares the LORD
‘when I will fulfill the gracious promise 
I made to the house of Israel and to the house of Judah.”
'In those days and at that time
I will make a righteous Branch sprout from David's line; 
he will do what is just and right in the land. 
In those days Judah will be saved 
and Jerusalem will live in safety. 
This is the name by which it will be called: 
The LORD Our Righteousness.'

“I made a promise and I will keep it!”  That is something worth clinging to.  When God promises something, He will deliver it.  Israel was promised a Messiah and we join together in this season with other Christians around the world to celebrate the fulfillment of that promise!  

God designated the Messiah to come from the line of David.  Every Christmas I read the genealogy of Jesus in Matthew 1 and Luke 3 and I am reminded how God does not miss a detail.   “From David’s line.”  Who we are is important to God.


Jeremiah has given God a new name:  “The LORD Our Righteousness”.  He is looking ahead and he understands the purpose of the coming Messiah - He will bring righteousness, the forgiveness of sins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment