Pages

Thursday, December 5, 2013

December 5

Psalm 130
Out of the depths I cry to you, LORD;
    Lord, hear my voice.
Let your ears be attentive
    to my cry for mercy.
If you, LORD, kept a record of sins,
    Lord, who could stand?
But with you there is forgiveness,
    so that we can, with reverence, serve you.
I wait for the LORD, my whole being waits,
    and in his word I put my hope.
I wait for the Lord
    more than watchmen wait for the morning,
    more than watchmen wait for the morning.
Israel, put your hope in the LORD,
    for with the L
ORD is unfailing love
    and with him is full redemption.
He himself will redeem Israel
    from all their sins.


There is a beautiful dance in the petition of the psalmist to LORD, the Great I Am, the Holiest God, the One with whom Israel has a covenant promise and Lord who is his master.  I feel the depth of his emotion in his cry to the LORD as he petitions God concerning his sin.  With earnestness he prays for forgiveness.  Then he waits.  I can see him with his face lifted to the sky, eyes fixed on the heavens with tears running down his cheeks.  He is repentant and every fiber of his being waits for God.  He has hope.  He believes the LORD, the one who has promised redemption, will forgive.

No comments:

Post a Comment