Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2015

She's All Grown Up

I dropped my little girl off at college today.  I heard several parents moan, "Where did the time go?"  I know where the time went, I've been with her every step of the way–from potty training to driver's training.  I've celebrated the victories in life with her and comforted her through the defeats.

Today is the biggest step she's taken yet.  A clear line has been drawn, dividing her life into two parts.  Yesterday she was a child with mom there to help walk her through processes.  Today she's an adult, having to figure these things out on her own.  I'm still there, only 12 time zones away, cheering her on.  She's ready to do it.  I'm excited to see where she will go and what she will do.

The small, Christian college she's attending has a warm, friendly feeling about it.  Everywhere she turned, it felt like family was welcoming her.  As I sat through meeting after meeting, I became more and more impressed with not only the atmosphere at the school, but the academics as well.  While sitting in a meeting, my mind began to wander to my son's education.  He is begining his jr. year at a Big Ten university.  There is no comparrison between the two schools.  They are night and day apart, two completely different experiences.  I began to notice the feelings of discontent creep into my heart.  Why didn't we know about this school three years ago?  A verse popped onto the screen and spoke to my heart.

Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
Psalm 139:16

There is no mistake in where my son is attending school and there is no mistake where my daughter is attending school.  God  has chosen the best place for each of them.  They are two different, unique human beings and God knows what is best for each.  I was immediately commforted knowing that God is bringing it all together.  He is taking care of the details so much better than I ever could.

No comments:

Post a Comment