Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

December 12

Psalm 43:3-5
Send me your light and your faithful care,
    let them lead me;
let them bring me to your holy mountain,
    to the place where you dwell.
Then I will go to the altar of God,
    to God, my joy and my delight.
I will praise you with the lyre,
    O God, my God.
Why, my soul, are you downcast?
    Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
    for I will yet praise him,
    my Savior and my God.

A craving for light.  Not just any light but a cry to God for light to fill my soul.  You see, there is a need deep inside every one of us.  We can feel the darkness crushing in around us and we know only God can give the light that will deliver from this darkness.  


Anticipation.  Sometimes the longing for deliverance from a time in life is so overwhelming all we can do is anticipate the rescue by someone much stronger.  God is that rescuer.  The Psalmist is anticipating the rescue and the praise.  Being filled with joy he takes up his harp and praises God.  He has to remind himself over and over to put his hope in God and deliverance will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment