Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Heart and the Fist

A friend from book club gave me a few books they read before I joined to get me through the summer. This book stuck out to me.
Eric had a very diverse background of education, sports and humanitarian aid work before he joined the Navy Seals.  Looking at his experiences overseas and the desire to continue moving forward in a life to help people, he decided to join the military.  One the one hand he provides insight in people and the need some have for help, and on the other he realized he was a person who had been given many skills and therefore was obligated to help.
This book provided a lot of insite for me into why some men feel the importance to do more in life than idly sit by and watch life happen around them.  The need to be a protector of the weak.  

No comments:

Post a Comment