Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Tailor Party

Around the world we connect in similar ways. In America I have been invited to parties ranging from Party Lite to Pampered Chef. In New Zealand I attended 3 Tupperware parties in 6 months. Here in Pakistan I have been invited to a Tailor Party. When invited I looked at my husband in confusion. Well, a tailor party is an open house with a tailor and his workers present. At the home we found fabrics stacked against the wall and spread on the table. Suits were hanging around the room in example of the tailor's work. People had come with pictures printed from the Internet and a laptop was open on the table with a woman and an apprentice deep in discussion about the finer point of a Banana Republic suit. It was a great atmosphere and fun way to spend the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment