Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

First Lesson

I had my first lesson with Orlando today. The main goal was to devise a plan. We have decided on 2 hour lessons, 3 times a week. For me this is a huge commitment. Right now my life consists of being a maid, cook, chauffeur, gardner, mother and wife. In addition I need to keep the house ready to show at a moment's notice. I feel like I am standing at a cross roads and must choose which path to follow. I am overwhelmed. If I am not willing to commit, I am choosing to live in ignorance and solitude for the next 2 years. If I take the plunge and give this opportunity everything I've got I am cracking the door open for relationships and the possibility of actually communicating in a foreign language.
Actually, this choice goes deep to the core of my belief about relationships. Over and over in the New Testament I see Jesus teaching the concept of love and humility.

"If you've gotten anything at all out of following Christ, if his love has made any difference in your life, if being in a community of the Spirit means anything to you, if you have a heart, if you care - then do me a favor: Agree with each other, love each other, be deep-spiritied friends. Don't push your way to the front; don't sweet-talk your way to the top. Put yourself aside, and help others get ahead. Don't be obsessed with getting your own advantage. Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand." Philippians 2:1-4 The Message

No comments:

Post a Comment